Friday, January 13, 2006

Shopping for wedding gowns

So tomorrow I am going shopping for wedding gowns. My best friend and I are going to a bridal store in Brentwood Mall to look for a dress for that special day. Nope, we're not shopping for my sister's dress since she's already chosen hers. Nope, we're not shopping for my best friend's dress (although she has a long-term boyfriend, he has not yet popped the question, and we're not scouting out dresses in anticipation of the question being popped anytime soon). We are scouting out dresses for a woman that my best friend works with who is getting married in August. This woman asked my friend to stop by a bridal store or two and look for dresses in her price range (which is on the low end). Then, the two of them will go shopping together once my friend has found a couple of dresses. Here is the kicker: the August wedding is going to be very small, and not only is my friend not in the wedding party, she's not even sure she's going to be invited to the wedding! Really, all I can do is laugh! Who knows though, maybe I'll find a dress for my sister's wedding!

No comments: