Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year

This is my first posting of 2005. Not really much to report right now . . . but I can tell you that my worst Christmas present this year was from my mom - she gave me her cold! Besides that everyone seems to be in good health and good spirits. Have a blessed day off work today - which I've put to good use by just chilling out at home and trying to get lots of rest.
Many people have been talking about their New Year's Resolutions. Let me just say, for the record, that I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I get the concept and everything, but I just think that they're a little bit pointless. When was the last time you ever heard someone say that they stuck to their resolution and actually made a change in their life? It doesn't seem to happen too often. I just think they're a recipe for disappointment. If you are really determined to make a change in your life you wouldn't wait until a new year starts to do it! Besides, right now I'm generally pretty happy with my life and feel no need to try and promise myself that I will change something. Am I perfect? No, of course not! I'm just happy with the course of my life right now.

No comments: