Sunday, May 20, 2007

Outlet Shopping

Got back from outlet shopping down south a little while ago. We had a BLAST! We didn't actually make it all the way into Seattle, instead we stopped at Seattle's Premium Outlets in Tulalip. Picture it . . . a huge complex with about 80 brand name stores, and only 5 restaurants in the food court! Oh well, the mission was to shop, not eat, right? Anyway, we spent about 4 hours walking around and shopping, and we got some fantastic deals! I got three pairs of shoes, all for the summer, for about $75. The first pair of sandals came from Nine West and the other two are from the Shoe Pavilion. The second two pairs are identical, just different colours. They are easily the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. Putting them on my feet was an almost sexual experience. Anyway . . . I also bought a pair of capris and two t-shirts from Lane Bryant. My friend got a pair of sandal from Nine West that are identical to mine, a denim skirt, two pairs of capris, a couple of shirts, several panties and a couple of bras, as well as a new Coach wristlet. By far the busiest store was Banana Republic. The line-up for the change rooms alone was easily as long as the border line we encountered heading south (about 90 minutes). Then there was another long line up for the cashier . . . it was just too much. Anyway, after we went shopping we decided to head back towards the border to find a hotel so we didn't have to hurry this morning. The first Best Western we stopped at was full, so we kept going towards Bellingham. We stopped at the Best Western Heritage Inn right next to Bellis Fair. It was a perfect location . . . we even managed to go into Bellis Fair for a little while (where we made a couple of purchases as Victoria's Secret). We had breakfast at Denny's this morning and away we went. The line up to get back across the border only took about 5 minutes, which was nice. We declared about a third of what we purchased, so technically speaking, we are guilty of smuggling ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,

Sounds like the drive down there was worth it! I am going to grill you with questions, because I am thinking about going down there. (hope you don't mind too much). Do you know the 'official' rules for bringing stuff back? Do you know if it is suppose to be 48 hours and how much you can buy? Did they make you pay duty on what they declared? I am such a wimp about not declaring things, and I get really scared that they will ask me a question, and I will not be able to lie in a convincing manner... this annoys Jerry to no end, so he may just go down there by himself.

In an unrelated question, where did you get your makeup done for Jenn's wedding? I think it was Mac, but did you get it done at the Mac counter inside the Bay, or is there a Mac store in Guildford mall? Do you remember the name of the person who did it? I thought your make up was very nice highlighting natural looks. I guess it is coming to the time where I should really book something.

Thanks!!!

amy

Satos said...

Hey Kim - I can't say I've ever had any shoes THAT comfortable! heh

Amy - it's a good thing Jerry is the other half of your brain - you can do the stealing and he can do the lying :)