Saturday, December 03, 2005

Merry Christmas!

I put up my Christmas tree today! In addition to getting the bulk of my Christmas shopping done, I also brought a bunch of ornaments up from my storage locker and decorated. I'm pretty excited - this is the first year I've put up my own tree! As a kid we always put up a tree as a family, but over the past couple of years things have changed. I can't remember putting up a tree two years ago, and last year my roommate at the time attempted to put up a tree. That didn't work too well as she never got past the puting up the lights on the tree part. Don't even get me started on her!
Currently I'm engaged in the tinsel debate. I love the look of tinsel on the tree, but I'm not sure I want to clean it all up after Christmas! Taking the ornaments and lights off the tree is one thing, but picking off all the tinsel is another. But, it does add that sparkly effect that makes it really seem like Christmas! How to choose, how to choose . . .
I'm feeling a bit bad right now. I skipped going to the Christmas concert tonight because I didn't feel like going all the way to the Church. I suppose that means I'm getting lazy, but I didn't want to go all the way down there without knowing how I was getting home! It's a lot further away now then it was before I moved, and I just didn't want to worry about how I was getting home. I do feel bad about not going out to support the Church and the people I know, but on the other hand . . .

No comments: