Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

This is my obligatory Merry Christmas (yes, I know it's now Boxing Day) post. I can't really say I had the best Christmas on record. Truly, I find holidays to be quite depressing when you're alone. It was extremely hard and tiring to put on a cheerful face for everyone when they all got to celebrate the way they wanted and I didn't. The magic of Christmas was pretty much taken away this year . . . it's a long story and I don't want to get into it. I think from now on I'll just rely on myself and screw the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't completely terrible. I did get to see some family and I had a nice breakfast of french toast this morning, and a ride all the way home from Burnaby.

I did get some Boxing Day shopping done - I got a new iPod. It wasn't on sale, but hey, it's practically the only gift I got this year, and I had to buy it myself. Future Shop was a zoo, but people were pretty helpful and the check-out line wasn't the worst I've ever stood in. I'm pretty much totally ready for this freaking holiday season to be over. I'm also totally ready for the snow to be gone.

No comments: