Sunday, November 20, 2005

Thankful

For the past few weeks (well, longer probably) I've been feeling quite blue. Actually, I've been feeling downright depressed, and really worried that I was sinking back into a depression I successfully escaped from a few years ago. The reason for the sadness (I don't think it's completely gone away yet) is the tension and difficulties I have been facing at work. I don't want to go into details, but the tension in the workplace has really begun to take its toll on people. Anyway, this weekend, while being perfectly normal in many respects, has also taught me that I should be thankful for what I do have. Canadian Thanksgiving has passed, but I would still like to take this opportunity to list a few things I am thankful for:
1. My friends and family! Whenever I've felt down these past few weeks I've gotten great support and love from all my friends and family! Even people at work have really been sticking together lately! It's like we've all recognized that we need to come together and support each other in the face of these current challenges.
2. Christmas! I don't know that I would be able to cope as well if this weren't the beginning of the Christmas season. I'm going to try and have a peaceful and relaxing Christmas this year, which means no frantic practicing for the Christmas concert, no worrying over where to spend Christmas, and NO stressing over the Christmas shopping! I take enormous pleasure in finding the perfect gifts for all my friends and family, and I've already started my shopping!
3. New life! Just when I thought things were really starting to suck I found out that one of my good friends is expecting her second child! This is such exciting news that nobody can feel sad right now!
4. Wedding! My sister and her fiance are getting married in just a few short months, and wedding plans and events will be kicking into high gear soon!

Thank you God for showing me how an ordinary weekend can turn extraordinary!

No comments: