Sunday, February 05, 2006

Windy Day

We had a powerful windstorm two nights ago and it really affected the lower mainland. There were many power outtages, and flash flooding in some areas. My power was out when I woke up early, early Saturday morning (my internal alarm clock seems to work fine, but it sure doesn't keep dates very well - I woke up at 6:30 on Saturday morning! Somehow I have to let my body know that I don't actually have to go to work on Saturdays!). The power stayed out most of the day, as I discovered when I got home from an impromptu dinner at my mom's house. By the time I got home at 8:30 the power had only been on for about 3 hours! Luckily I had plans to go out with a friend and we went out to where there was power, so it wasn't all bad. I expect to see a lot of branches and leaves and debris littering the area for the next few days as people try and put their yards back into order! I'm very glad I have no yard, and no patio furniture on my balcony right now to worry about :-)

No comments: