Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Here's What's New, Des

Since I apparently have to keep my friend Des informed about what's going on I'll post this work update. My pregnant coworker is harsh (well, harsh in my mind, I've never been pregnant so I don't know how harsh it can get) suffering from morning sickness. She's not been eating much at lunch, and today was mostly just sipping ginger ale. She's also been getting near-constant heartburn, which I imagine totally SUCKS! Anyway, I think she's also suffering because her husband is in Calgary right now, but she'll see him again at the end of February when she moves there!
The boss lady (AKA Dragon Lady) is really driving people nuts again. She's been freaking out over the smallest things, and cursing like mad when the littlest thing goes wrong. She's really been offending the children's teachers, and I'm concerned that if she keeps this up one or more of them may quit. It doesn't help that she was supposed to observe one of them teach this morning and forgot all about it! The poor teacher had a special lesson prepared and everything, and was really, really mad afterwards. Anyway, I guess it's now part of my job to keep the peace and calm people down. Great.
Dave is stressing now about going to China. I think it sunk in today how much he has to do before he leaves, and how little time he has to do it. I suppose it doesn't help that dragon lady and I were both harrassing him today over getting his progress reports done. It's going to be so weird not having him around for the next four months! I think the teacher who will be replacing him is good, so at least we won't have anymore "boring teachers" issues.
Well, once again it's pouring rain here and it doesn't seem like it's ever going to stop! It's only Tuesday and there are still three days of work left this week - yuck! I'm off to eat and zone in front of the TV for a while!

No comments: