Sunday, January 15, 2006

Dress Shopping Update

So in my last post I talked about going bridal shopping for a woman I didn't even know. I had hoped to find a dress for my sister's wedding, so the shopping trip would have been worth it for that alone. Well, my friend and I went shopping yesterday and we went into the store at Brentwood Mall. It had some gorgeous dresses! It was unlike any other clothing store I'd ever been in though - if you wanted to try a dress on you had to fill out a pink form, and the wait for dressing rooms when my friend and I were there was half an hour! Anyway, didn't find anything for myself, though I did see some styles that I liked. My friend found 3 possibilities for her friend's wedding dress. All of them were bridesmaid's dresses. We very, very briefly looked at the selection of actual wedding dresses. Mostly we just wanted to see how much they cost. Some were quite expensive, but others were reasonable. I think I'm going to have to start saving now though . . .
My quest for a dress continues. I did get some leads on dresses over the weekend. After extensive internet research I found some styles that I liked. While I was in Burnaby I went into the Pennigntons stores there. The ladies there were very helpful, but they didn't have anything. One woman did tell me about another girl who works there who makes dresses and is in school studying design. She took my name and number and promised me that the woman would call me, which she did an hour ago! She's not sure she would have time to make a dress, but she did give me the names of a couple of other stores that may be able to help me. I'm hoping to visit the stores next weekend. I'll keep you updated on my continuing search for a dress . . .

No comments: