Wednesday, January 25, 2006

This is NOT a post about bran

Confused about the title of this blog? The most recent post on my sister's blog is a comparison of different brands of bran. I can't honestly say that I'd have the patience to eat that much bran! So what is this post about? Basically it's just a quick round-up of what's going on in my life. My newly married coworker announced yesterday that she's pregnant. She's about 8 weeks along, which is really exciting. She told the students yesterday, and one girl in my class shrieked so loudly that they probably heard her in China! We may all have suffered permanent hearing damage! I'm happy for my coworker; I know her and her husband have been really wanting to have a baby soon, so it's great that she got pregnant right away.
My mother and I are going shopping together on Sunday. She's going to look for a mother of the bride outfit, and I will continue on my quest to find the right outfit to wear in my role of bridesmaid. I can't remember the last time I went shopping with my mom so it should be interesting. I'm sure it will be fine (maybe even fun), but I don't think our taste in clothing exactly matches.
My boss came into my grammar class this morning to complete an observation. I haven't been observed by an authority figure in a while, so I started off a little nervous (not nearly as nervous as I thought I would be given who this particular boss is). Since I have such a wonderful grammar class and really know my stuff in grammar anyway, I think my lesson really kicked ass! My boss was complimentary, but it's hard to know with her if she really means it or if she's just saying it. I feel good about the lesson though, and that's what really matters. My students, who enter my class not liking grammar, end up laughing and staying awake and asking good questions and learning, so how can anyone find fault with that? Anyway, my observation was the first of all the junior teachers, so we'll see how the others stack up in the coming days.
I found out what the "lay of the land" will be in the coming months for the Juniors program. Looks like they want us to go down to 2 classes after this large group leaves. Normally that's what happens with our program, but with our new level system I don't see two classes working. We should be running a minimum of 3 classes in order to make our levels successful. Hopefully I'll get a chance to express that view to our Operations Director tomorrow!

1 comment:

Des said...

Whoa! Who's pregnant?

Keep me in the loop oh wise loop-keeper inn-er. That sounds a lot worse out loud than it does on the screen.