Friday, March 10, 2006

Good Bye

No, I am not going anywhere, but a good friend of mine from Church passed away on Tuesday morning from lymphoma. He was such a wise, funny, gentle man and an excellent drama teacher. His name was Colin Vint. He sang at my dad's second wedding, and in many ways he reminds me of my dad (for those who don't know, my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease a few years ago and a few months later he was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He is now cancer-free, but I think the chemo advanced his Alzheimer's quite quickly so now he live full-time in a hospital and doesn't walk or talk much). I guess it's because my dad was the person who took me to Church for years when I was younger and he and Colin were friends. Anyway, the memorial service is next week. I will definitely be in attendance. It really puts into perspective what's important in life and what's just crap!

1 comment:

j said...

I had the chance to work with Colin in a summer course back in the 80s and later to spend time with him in '90 at the Festival of the Arts. A truly wonderful man, I thought, and an amazing actor as well.

An old girlfriend of mind had him for a teacher in the early 80s and loved him, I remember.

I was wondering what had happened to him and found this from a google search. I had no idea and even though it was a year and a half ago, thank you for posting it.