Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Insomniac

I've been awake since 3am. Not by choice, but anyone who knows me knows that to be the case. Yesterday was a crazy busy day! We tested in the neighbourhood of 120 new kids. It was chaotic, but it was controlled chaos. Placing students afterwards wasn't too bad either, but it took me 4 hours to create a working class list! I didn't leave work last night until 7:30 (usually I leave at 5:30)! There were a lot of students who didn't know how to spell their name in English, or who didn't write their full name on their test, so I had to make a few educated guesses. Today I'll have to spend a few more hours trying to get the list back up-to-date. I figure it'll take another 3 or 4 hours. I'm hoping that the 19 or so students we test today end up fairly evenly distributed throughout the levels we created yesterday or I could have a few more headaches to contend with today. It would be abundantly useful if I could use e-mail at our summer campus so I could e-mail myself some documents back and forth to work on while everyone else is teaching. At this point I'm not sure if that's possible, but we'll see. I'm hoping that once we get through today and start the process of getting ourselves fully organized, my insomnia will go away! I can't take too many more nights like this.

No comments: