Thursday, November 30, 2006

Early Christmas Present

I got an early Christmas present this year! Yesterday I was invited to my sister's company Christmas dinner . . . by her coworker Yvonne! Technically speaking it was Jennifer who called me to invite me, but she did it on behalf of Yvonne. It was a very nice gesture and a wonderful surprise. Ever since my brother-in-law Lance has been working for the insurance company, I've been hearing about the Christmas dinner from Jennifer. This year I will actually get to go! It's an all-expenses paid dinner at the Royal Oak restaurant :-) It's the same week as my own company's Christmas dinner, which happens to be the same week that I'm getting together with some friends to get some Christmas crafting done. It's going to be one busy week!

I'm very excited about this coming Christmas. I'm going to be spending Christmas day with my mom, sister, brother-in-law and step-dad at my step-sister's house. On Boxing Day I'll be with my step-mom, sister, brother-in-law and step-sister. We'll go visit my dad that day too. On New Year's Day I'll have dinner at my mom's house . . . and she's promised some delicious German food! Among the dishes being served: Rouladen and Spaetzle (German noodles). I've been promised leftovers to take to work the next day. It's going to be a big crowd that day - mom, step-dad, sister, brother-in-law (and his parents), step-brother and step-sister-in-law, possibly my step-sister and her family (including her in-laws), close family friends . . . I've lost count already!

Now I just have to get through the last few weeks of work for the year!

No comments: