Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Numbers

I've been thinking a lot about numbers lately . . .

1 - The number of biological siblings I have

2 - The number of televisions I have

3 - The number of days it took for me to remember that it's now April and I should change the calendar

4 - The number of step-brothers and sisters I have

5 - The number of the Level I teach in grammar class

(This could get boring really fast, so I'll skip ahead a little)

15 - The approximate number of telephone numbers I have memorized

19 - The number of pairs of new socks I just bought from Zellers (where they have mega-cute socks!)

20 - The number of pairs of socks I just cleaned out of my drawer

31 - The number of telephone numbers currently programmed into my cell phone

115 - The total number of pairs of socks I currently own, including the 19 new ones and the 20 I took out of my drawer. WOW! I could pretty much wear a different pair of socks every day until July 27th before I would have to wash them all and start again. May I say again . . . WOW!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So, did you buy 19 new pairs of socks because you cleaned the 20 out? Or did you just go sock-crazy at the store? I'm jealous BTW, new socks are nice!

Kim said...

Nope, the socks were purchased before I cleaned out the sock drawer. I cleaned out the drawer in order to make room for the new socks actually. And it only occurred to me after I posted this that I really had 21 pairs of new socks. The 19 I bought, then the thermal ones you gave me at Christmas that I had forgotten to put away, and the pair Sonja just gave me from Arizona :-)