Friday, April 13, 2007

Sweet Dreams

Okay, so I had a very interesting dream last night. It started on the skytrain, heading eastbound. I was crossing one of those pristine landscapes that you only get in BC: snowcapped mountains, a clear blue mountain lake, etc. Somehow I knew I was heading towards New West station. For anoyone who doesn't know about the skytrain, snowcapped mountains and a clear blue lake are NOT what you cross to get to New West station. Anyway, when I looked down at the lake (and it was most definitely a lake), I saw a bunch of whales! At first I saw blue whales and humpback whales (a lot were lying on little islands and not moving - not sure if they were dead, or just not being "used" at the moment. You'll see what I mean in a minute.) After another minute or so, I saw a bunch of killer whales frolicking and playing in the water. As we approached the station, I looked to my left and saw a killer whale "shaking" it's head (think "Free Willy" style). You think that would have tipped me off in my dream, but not yet! Anyway, we got close enough to the station to see people lined up waiting to board the train. That's when everyone on the train saw a killer whale jump up high enough to start trying to eat the people standing in line at the station! Everyone on the train and at the station started screaming! Then there were a few men who jumped out and tried to act like heroes, including the man above (Terry O'Quinn). When I saw him, I suddenly knew that we were in the middle of filming a scene from the show "Lost", except that nobody on the skytrain knew what was happening. All those whales? They were trained animals and props. In the next heartbeat, I was at work in the staffroom of the school. I was lying in bed (no, in real life there are no beds in our staffroom) in that near sleep state where you are aware of what's going on around you, but your eyes are closed and you don't care what's going on. There were only a few people in the staffroom, and they were in the kitchen area looking at a staff shopping list I had written. One of the other teachers was trying to take credit for it and it was annoying me, but I was too tired to say anything about it. A few seconds later I was walking out the door with one of the "Three Stooges", and I realized that she'd gotten a haircut. I knew it was a Thursday afternoon because she said "see you on Sunday morning at the Sun Run!" and I said "aren't you coming to work tomorrow?" and she explained that she was taking the day off to deal with a car payment problem she was having. That's when I commented on her haircut. I had to lie and tell her I thought it looked good, when in reality, short hair does not suit this woman at all! A few seconds later, we were both on the skytrain together, heading westbound. In reality, neither one of us takes the skytrain to get home. Anyway, she got off at a stop (don't know which one, it didn't look like any of the stops I'm used to) and was walking along a path parallel to the skytrain tracks. I looked over at her to wave when I saw that she had a tell-tale baby bump and was in fact pregnant, but nobody at work knew it yet. That's when I woke up. So. Weird.

No comments: