Friday, February 08, 2008

Six Random Things

I saw this on Dianne's blog and decided it would be fun to do . . . And since I need to tag someone, I tag Jennifer to do it (so she'll update her blog finally!) . . .

One - I have an irrational fear of small birds and moths. My fear of snakes, I feel, is perfectly justified. When I was younger and would go with my family to visit my cousin who lived in Burnaby, I used to get subjected to my cousins budgies. She would let them fly around free downstairs and of course, they tended to land on us sometimes. Scared the $@!* out of me! As for the moths . . . every once in a while they would be in my bedroom and I would scream when I saw them.

Two - I only ever skipped one class in high school. Seriously. It was in twelfth grade and the class I skipped was one in which there was a university presentation for UBC (you know, to entice us to go there). Since I'd been to SFU's presentation already that day, I figured I didn't need to see the UBC presentation because I'd made up my mind that I was going to SFU. I ended up going to UBC for all six years (two degrees) of university.

Three - I hate cooking AND cleaning. What I want most (some days) is a housewife from the fifties who will cook and clean for me and make sure that dinner is waiting when I walk through the door. If I could find a man who would do this and make a killer six-figure salary, I'd marry him.

Four - I've never once in my entire 29 years (only ten of which have been above the legal drinking age) had a drop of alcohol. This really surprises some people. Today, my TWELVE YEAR OLD STUDENT told me that she drinks beer. What the $@!* are her parents doing when she's drinking beer??!!

Five - I don't have a driver's license. I failed my driver's test. I don't have any current plans to get my driver's license.

Six - The concept of space travel fascinates me, but I don't think I could ever become an astronaut. Have you ever seen how cramped those rockets and shuttles are? My claustrophobia would kick into overdrive!!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Not even cough syrup with alcohol in it? You sure? You might need to retract those bragging rights... hehe

Nice meme! They're fun hey?

Kim said...

You're right, I never even thought about cough syrup! But I just went to check my medicine cabinet and the most recent cough syrup I bought and used, Buckleys, does say alcohol-free on the label!

And yes, I do rather enjoy these memes. I even used to do those e-mail forwards that other people thought were really lame!