Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sig Feuchter 1943 - 2008

Sig Feuchter, February 22, 1943 - March 10, 2008

My dad passed away on the evening of Monday, March 10th, 2008. He was 65 years old. Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease six years ago. Around the same time, he was was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma . . . cancer. That started what turned into a six year journey of watching the Alzheimer's eat away at the man who was my father. He was a good, strong man, but the disease turned him into a mere shell of what he was. Cancer, the disease that everyone fears, seemed like the "easy" part of the battle, though I know that I can probably only say that because I wasn't there on a day-to-day basis. This journey has been difficult for everone involved - my sister, my step-mom Barbara, my step-sister Roisin, and myself. Although I am very, very sad that my dad has gone, I do take some comfort in knowing that he's gone to a better place where he isn't suffering anymore and where he can be himself again. I love you dad! God bless you and may you rest in peace!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Kim, I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and the rest of your family. Sending lots of hugs your way.

Jay said...

So sorry Kim, losing a parent is the hardest thing in the world, my prayers are with you all.

Kim said...

Thank you both for your kind words! This has been a very difficult time, but hearing from friends and family has been like getting a big hug each time!