Sunday, September 14, 2008

Movie Recommendation

Yesterday I saw "Burn After Reading", the new Coen Brothers comedy starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Frances McDormand, and Tilda Swinton. I wasn't sure what I was going to think of it since I haven't been too crazy about some of their previous movies ("The Ladykillers"), and haven't seen a lot of their hit movies ("Fargo" and "No Country for Old Men"). I was very pleasantly surprised!

The movie has a lot of funny lines. My favourites came at the beginning ("You're mormon! Compared to you, everyone has a drinking problem!") and at the end ("Uh, report back to me . . . whenever it makes sense.")

The performances were stellar, particularly from Brad Pitt! He completely steals the show. Seriously.

This movie probably isn't for everyone, but I left the theatre completely satisfied :-)

No comments: