Saturday, July 31, 2004

Long Weekend!

All I can say is THANK GOD FOR LONG WEEKENDS! I thought this weekend would never come. I have been so busy lately that I forgot it was a long weekend until last week. It's a good thing someone casually mentioned it at work or I completely would have forgotten about it and gone into work on Monday like usual!
I think being so busy lately has left me quite grumpy and irritable most of the time. Some days I don't know how people stand being around me. I try really, really hard not to let my irritation show. Instead I focus on the positive and try to make people laugh with my often sarcastic humour. It would be nice, however, if once in a while I could offload all my irritation on the source(s) of my irritation. I suppose that wouldn't be very professional . . . though in my defence it's not usually the students who have really irritated me.
Speaking of being irritated . . . I was talking on the phone last night to a person with a talent for irritating me. This person, who is I suppose a friend (if that term is being used in the broadest sense possible), is so completely clueless sometimes it isn't even funny! She complains of being busy at school completing projects. I have really sad news for her - most days at my job (which I love, don't get me wrong) I feel as though I have 6 projects on the go, and that's before I factor in the teaching part of the day! If my friend is under the illusion that things get easy after you finish your education, she is mistaken! I don't really think she has any idea what the true life of being a teacher is all about. There is a reason why many teachers are single . . . I can't imagine having a social life after some of the 12 hour days I put in! Anyway, enough grumbling, it's time to get back to enjoying this long weekend!

No comments: