Monday, August 09, 2004

Birthday

So my birthday was yesterday. I was quite touched by the love and acknowledgement I got from work. I got a gigantic card signed by a bunch of my students, a card from a coworker, and a couple of gifts from students. Several people wished me a happy birthday, and I got a couple of gifts from coworkers, which was really sweet. I got a lovely gift from a friend that included some bubble bath that I greatly anticipate using sometime in the next two weeks seeing as my stress level will pretty much be at a constant high. From the 'rents I got cash (which I think is going to go towards the purchase of a camera, but I'm not sure yet).
There are many years when I've had bad birthdays. Being a summer baby isn't always fun. Your friends are usually travelling and unable to come to your birthday party. Sometimes you are travelling so you aren't even home to celebrate with your friends. As a kid that really, really made me wish my birthday was during the school year. Later on in life I've had various experiences on my birthday that I'd just as soon forget. Top of the list would of course be getting kicked out of my house on my birthday (thanks, mom!). This year I haven't experienced anything horrible, so I'm glad for that. Overall I've had a pretty good year and I'm looking forward to more of the same!

No comments: