Monday, August 07, 2006

Back from Oregon!

I'm back from Oregon my peeps! We got back this afternoon after a long car ride. The ride down was worse though - my knees were cramped and my legs were tired. We stopped more on the way back up so my legs weren't feeling so bad. We had a nice visit with our grandparents. We didn't really do much besides read, talk, take naps, and go for a walk down to the river. It was nice and relaxing for me. I took a bunch of pictures, which I have attempted to post 3 times now, but blogger is being uncooperative at the moment. We got to see an aunt and uncle and two cousins from Portland. They came up for dinner on Sunday so we got to chat and find out what's happening in their lives. One of the cousins has just turned 18 and he's going off to college next week. He'll be studying in Wisconsin, at a college that's quite close to Chicago.
We, or more accurately I, had a shocking moment yesterday evening though. We had been sitting around chatting after dinner and someone knocked on the door. He was from across the street and wanted to let us know that his dog had gotten out of the yard and had spent some time in our garage. He just wanted to apologize for his dog getting out, but we hadn't even known that the dog was in the garage, so it was fine. Anyway, a short while later I went downstairs to take a shower and get ready for bed. I got to the bottom of the stairs and saw that the basement door was wide open. This did make me a bit nervous, but knowing the family I figured that someone had left the door open when they came in from the garden (my grandparents aren't in the habit of locking their doors at night, or when they go for walks around the block). I rounded the corner to walk down the hallway to the bedrooms when I came face to face with a giant dog sitting in front of the bedroom doors! Yup, it was the dog from across the street! It turns out that the basement door hadn't been closed properly when the last person came through it so the dog, when he escaped from the yard again, was able to push it open and come right in. No harm done, but it was rather shocking!

*****************************

In other news . . . tomorrow is my birthday!!!!!!!! I'll be honest, I love getting birthday presents! I haven't always had the best birthdays . . . but that's a whole different story. Anyway, I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I really, really want to see Phantom of the Opera for my birthday! I love the music, I love the recent movie that came out, and I know I would love to see it performed live too! I don't know if it will happen or not, but I'd sure love it if it did.

*****************************

Now my lovely blog readers, it's time to get back to reality and get ready for work tomorrow. Did I mention that while I was relaxing in Oregon I had two work-related dreams? In the first one I was heading to the bathroom when someone beat me to it. I had to go down the hall to the other bathroom, which is right when I woke up. Man, I was pretty ticked off when my sister went into the bathroom first and I had to wait with my full bladder! In the second dream I was basically living the life of my sister with her two jobs and I was focused on job number two. I couldn't for the life of me remember if I had to work on Saturday or Sunday. I don't know how my sister works two jobs . . . I don't think I could handle it!

No comments: