Sunday, August 20, 2006

Phantom

Today I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera - wheeeeeeeeeeeee! I can't wait! I'm seeing a two o'clock performance . . . so I'll write with more details later today.

EDIT: I got back from the Phantom about an hour ago. It was AMAZING! I've always, always wanted to see it performed live and it lived up to all my expectations. The singing and music were fantastic - they gave me chills. I enjoyed all the colouful costumes too . . . particularly during the singing of "Masquerade". The actors and actresses were clearly passionate about their music and it showed. The man who played the Phantom was wonderful. What a voice! Anyway, I was impressed by how closely the recent Phantom movie followed the play, but I think I liked the character of Christine a tiny bit better in the movie than in the play. I don't think it had anything to do with the story, I just felt that the interpretation of the character was a little more likeable in the movie. But whatever, it didn't take anything away from my enjoyment of the play. Overall it was a great day and seeing Phantom was an excellent birthday present. Thanks Jenn and Lance!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hahaha! I actually had the opposite feelings about Christine. I always felt kinda 'meh' about her in the movie. After seeing the theatre version, I like the live Christine much better than the movie one.