Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Another Meme Courtesy of Vesper

Yes, yes I'm posting another meme, and yes, I got it from Vesper:

accent: Canadian all the way, baby!

booze: I never drink.

chore I hate: Hmmm. You'd be better off asking me what chores I like. I HATE vacuuming and dusting. I love doing laundry.

dogs/cats: I don't have either right now, but I'd love to have a cat! We always had dogs when I was growing up, but I have to say I'm partial to cats. I still miss my first (and only) cat Frisky.

essential electronics: My computer and tv.

favorite perfume/cologne: I don't wear perfume that often, but when I do, I like Elizabeth Taylor's "White Diamonds"

gold/silver: I like both, but I suspect that gold looks better with my skin tone.

hometown: I was born in Burnaby, B.C., but we moved to Surrey just before I turned two. So I'm going to have to call myself a proud Surrey girl.

insomnia: Yes. I get it quite often when I'm stressed. I've just gotten over a bout of it actually.

job title: Juniors and Children Head Teacher. It sounds big and important, and it sometimes is. But usually it's just code for "do this. Do that. Take care of that. It's your fault if this doesn't work."

kids: no biological kids, but I often refer to my students as my kids. Oh, and I've sorta "adopted" two of my Mexican girls. One is a former student who is 17. The other is a current student who is 16. They are my hijas.

living arrangements: in an apartment that I bought last September. I live alone and I LOVE it that way!

most admired trait: organization and passion for teaching!

number of sexual partners: yeah, like I'm going to publish that information here ;-)

overnight hospital stays: none. Knock on wood.

phobia: Heights, though that one has gotten better. Snakes, which I don't even like to think about or see pictures of. And I've started to develop a slight fear of small spaces.

quote: "What fools these mortals be." No, in all seriousness, I don't really have a quote.

religion: Christian. I'm a member of the United Church of Canada.

siblings: my sister, Jennifer. I have a step-brother (Sean) and a step-sister (Roisin) on my dad's side, and a step-sister (Cindy) and a step-brother (Brad) on my mom's side.

time I usually wake up: 6:33am. Yes, that is what my alarm clock is set for. It's very scientifically figured out. My snooze alarm lasts for 9 minutes. If I hit it 3 times my alarm goes off at exactly 7am. I never stay in bed that long though.

unusual talent: The ability to raise my left eyebrow independently of my right.

vegetable I refuse to eat: none actually.

worst habit: I talk to myself an awful lot. And I tend to get pretty crabby when I'm stressed.

x-rays: None.

yummy foods I make: Well, I don't cook a lot, but I do make an awesome spinach dip and some great chocolate-chip pecan cookies.

zodiac sign: Leo. Oh, and I was born in the year of the horse.

No comments: