Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Grinder, Coola, and CNTM

Went to Grouse Mountain today. Gorgeous, gorgeous day with awesome views. We got to meet the two grizzly bears they have up there too, and we watched a short film explaining how they got to Grouse Mountain. Overall a pretty good way to spend the day. All my students (well, technically since I'm not teaching right now, they're not my students!) want to take home bear cubs as pets now. Clearly, the do not understand the meaning of WILD animals. Reminds me of one of my former Japanese students who was totally determined to ride a polar bear. Yes. Ride a polar bear!

Quick rant: Why does Canadian reality television, as a general rule, suck? Seriously . . . I used to be addicted to American Idol, but I can't even sit through a whole episode of Canadian Idol! I sit glued to the TV when America's Next Top Model is on, but I think Canada's Next Top Model is fairly lousy. I don't know what it is . . . but I have a theory that the slickness of Hollywood is a factor. The glossy sheen and sparkle seems to be missing from Canadian television. The slick and glossy Hollywood personalities seem to be missing too! Call me shallow, but I miss the Hollywood-factor!

2 comments:

Dianne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianne said...

Had to delete my last comment in order to properly address both of your paragraphs.

I would like a snowy owl, I'll name her Hedwig and she will hoot reassuringly, or nip me when she's in a huff. (I'm on book 5 again... whee!)

And I concur with your analysis of CNTM. It SUCKS. I need more razzle-dazzle.