Thursday, June 01, 2006

AKA Verbal Diarrhea

It's June 1st and it's raining outside. What's up with that?!
___________________________________________________________________

Had a lovely lunch at White Spot with one of my teaching colleagues. We're both on "Spring Break" right now. I (again) managed to spill mayonnaise down my shirt. Lovely. My shirt is in the washing machine right now with a few other dirty things. I hope it gets clean. It's a lovely shade of blue. The main thing that we talked about at lunch was teaching. I find this extremely interesting since she and I both have similar feelings on this subject. Basically, it annoys both of us when teachers get together and talk about nothing but teaching. Does that happen with other professions? Dianne, does this happen when accountants get together? Do they talk about nothing but accounting? Anyway, it happens all the time with my friends who are teachers. I guess the friend and I who had lunch together had to catch up since we haven't seen each other since last week. Also, we both took the same TESL course online, so some of our conversation was spent talking about where she was at with that course. It was a good lunch nevertheless.
__________________________________________________________________

Got my Property Taxes in the mail today. Oh, the joys of home ownership! Can't hardly wait to pay that!
__________________________________________________________________

I have a calendar from Telus Mobility that has really, really cute pictures. You know those Telus commercials with all those cute animals? Those animals are in my calendar! The June picture is adorable . . . a line of bowling balls, and the third one from the left is actually a white piglet with a pink nose! It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! I love this calendar :-) The heading of this month's picture is "daddy likes". How can I tell this calendar was made in Canada? The heading of the month's picture is also in French!
__________________________________________________________________

A few years ago I had a summer that was full of weddings. I think I went to 4 weddings during that summer. Weddings are great . . . if you have a date! I didn't have a date for any of the weddings. This summer I've already been invited to two weddings. I don't have a date for either of them. If you count my sister's wedding back in April, that's three weddings for which I need/needed a date. My best friend went with my to my sister's wedding. I'm thinking about asking her if she wants to come to one of the other two weddings too. This is getting depressing!
__________________________________________________________________

I like to consider myself a good speller. I didn't even have to look up the spelling of the word "diarrhea" for the title of this post. I once rented a spelling documentary. It was very interesting to see how seriously these children took the spelling bee. Man! They were really, really good spellers. I haven't seen the most recent movies about spelling. I'm sure they are similar. I have never been in a spelling bee. I think it would be cool. Once in a while at the school we have a spelling bee competition for the students. We were once going to have one for the teachers, but some of the other teachers were too chicken to compete! Bah! Who cares if you end up looking a little silly!
__________________________________________________________________

I'm working on a new cross-stitching project right now. It's coming along very slowly. It's the largest piece I've ever worked on. I'd better get back to working on it right now.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

Ugh. Property taxes suck. We have them come out with the mortgage payment so we can deny their existence.

6 years after moving in, and we're still getting a ppty tax notice in the former owner's name... and it's for a completely different property that she also owned!

Jenn said...

Yay for property taxes + mortgage payment. At least, I think that's how ours works too (I hope I'm right, I don't want to get an unpleasant surprise in the mail!)

You didn't say what kind of cross-stitch project it is. Wall hanging? Pillow cover? What else can you cross-stitch?

Megan said...

I was totally tripping out, I was reading your post and at first I thought I had clicked on Des' blog.. I'm like, "Where's the White Spot in Port Alberni?!" What a dork!

There's no adult KGIC-ers that would enjoys a cultural experience such as a wedding? =)

Dianne said...

Oh... BTW, yes, we talk about accounting. But we also talk about other fantastic topics, like... school! After all, what more is there to life?

(Sadly, not much...)

Kim said...

Megan: The KGIC crew has really changed since last year. There is only one remotely desirable guy I would consider going to a wedding with (I'll let you guess who . . . but I will tell you it's someone you've met before). The others are all taken or completely undesirable!

Dianne: Sadly, there isn't really much else to life, is there?