Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!

I had my Thanksgiving dinner last night at my mom's place. The kids and spouses and two grandkids were all there. I'm the only single one now . . . but that's okay. I do have to say that watching the two newlywed couples (my sister and her husband, who have been married for a little over six months, and my step-brother and his wife, who have been married for two months) was a little uncomfortable sometimes. All the gazing into each other's eyes and private jokes and sweet nothings . . . yuck! Whatever. You're talking to someone who's ALWAYS been single, so I really can't relate to people in love.

Dinner was delicious! And abundant . . . ham, turkey, vegetable casseroles, stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes, perogies . . . enough to feed an army! Even for dessert . . . we had pumpkin pie, plum cake (yummy!!), and apple pudding. Not to mention ice cream and whipping cream to put on top. I ate so much, but it was worth it! All the kids were counting on taking home leftovers and we weren't disappointed! I took home three chinese food containers (the large round foil containers with cardboard lids) full of leftovers so I don't have to worry about what I'll be eating for lunch or dinner tonight!

I woke up this morning briefly contemplating a day spent cleaning. I know it should be done, but screw it, I want to enjoy my day off so I'll leave the cleaning for another day. I'm done everything I have to do for work tomorrow so today I can do whatever I want. Unfortunately I don't know yet what I want to do. Goodbye for now blog buddies!

No comments: