Monday, October 02, 2006

Walk a mile in my . . .

. . . new shoes 'cause they are so freakin' comfortable! I would post a picture of them, but I don't feel like hauling out my camera right now. So I'll use my English teaching skills to describe them to you instead. They look a lot like bowling shoes actually. They're tan in colour with a couple of olive green stripes along the side and a couple of darker brown patches near the toes. They have olive green laces. They look and feel like suede, but I'm not sure that they really are. I bought them this weekend at Payless Shoes (LOVE that store!) I hadn't planned to buy anything new this weekend, but I after I got dressed to go out on Sunday I realized that I didn't have any kind of casual shoes in brown to wear so I headed off to the store to see what I could find. I'm glad that I don't have to wear my running shoes every day :-)

Now for a complete change of topic . . . I've had to make some new bug juice to put next to my sink in the kitchen. The fruit flies are getting annoying again.
Karen was able to kill 30 of the little beasties when she made the bug juice last week. I'm torn between wanting to find 30 in my mug (though EEWWWW! That means there were 30 of them flying around my apartment) or wanting to find only 8 or 9 (though that seems vaguely disappointing since it's much more fun to think I've killed lots of yucky fruit flies!) Okay, you can't tell this just by reading this post, but I stepped away from the computer for a moment to do something in the kitchen and I noticed that I already have two flies in the mug! The bug juice has only been sitting in the kitchen for half an hour. Wahoooo!! Die little buggers!

Before you think I'm completely bloodthirsty let me assure you that I'm not. I usually don't experience the overwhelming urge to kill any living beings except for fruit flies and squirrels. Fruit flies because they're completely gross, and squirrels because they're nasty rodents who destroy nearly everything they come into contact with. Trust me, I know. About 4 or 5 years ago a squirrel got into our attic and it started to chew through the ceiling . . . right over my head while I was sleeping! I woke up one morning to find a small pile of plaster from the ceiling on the pillow right next to where I was sleeping! Luckily no squirrels ever fell on my head, but now I have an extreme dislike of squirrels. And I do mean EXTREME!

Now my lovely blog buddies, I'm off to read some of your blogs. Have a good night!

No comments: