Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Geeky Post

This post marks a "first" for me . . . it's my first post using the Mozilla Firefox browser! Hopefully all of you reading this won't notice any difference ;-) Over the past couple of years many people have suggested that I try this browser but I always resisted. I figured that Internet Explorer was good enough for me. To a degree, I still think that. My school uses an online database for things like our progress reports and attendance records. In the last couple of months every time I tried to sit down at home and open the database website, I would get rerouted to the homepage of the school. A coworker recently experienced the same problem and told me this morning that after she downloaded Firefox she didn't have any more problems. Lo and behold - same thing when I downloaded Firefox at home! Unfortunately because my program uses a different version of the database that hasn't been finished yet, I'm still not really able to use it at home, but at least now I can access it! I've also discovered that Firefox is fun to play with, but I think I will still continue to use Internet Explorer as my primary web browser.

No comments: