Sunday, May 25, 2008

Outlet Shopping, Part One

Got back last night from our stateside shopping extravaganza :-) It was a long couple of days, but it was fun. Going down across the border only took 25 minutes - it was awesome! We took the Peace Arch border crossing and it was easy-peasy. We stopped at the Duty Free first in order to get some alcohol that my sister requested. Unfortunately we didn't know at the time that you had to stay 48 hours, not 24 hours, across the border before you could bring alcohol back! The duty on the alcohol turned out to be over $100, so we ended up abandoning it at the border. I feel really bad that it happened, but that's life, I guess. Anyway, this time around, my friend and I ended up staying at a different hotel. Last year we stayed at a Best Western right by Bellis Fair, but this year we stayed a little closer to the Outlet Mall, at the Best Western Navigator (exit 189 off the I-5 in case you want to go there yourself)! It was a really nice place, as you can see on the left.
I had to take a picture of the name of the hotel . . . anyone who works for the school I work at would understand why ;-) The propellor logo was EVERYWHERE in the building. There was even a real propellor behind the desk where you check in. Not sure I like the logo much . . . I think a compass, perhaps, would have been a better logo ;-)
Our room. Two queen-sized beds with 4 pillows each. The room was large and gorgeous . . . and had a tv that accessed HBO. What more could a girl want?
The kitchen in our room. Not quite sure we needed this kitchen for our overnight stay (particularly as the hotel has a free continental breakfast every morning that we enjoyed on Saturday), but it was pretty cool.

I didn't take a picture of the bathroom, but it was nice too. It had INCREDIBLE water pressure. Flushing the toilet startled us every time 'cuz the water pressure was so strong. Seriously, it was a little freaky! Stay tuned for some pictures of what I bought . . .
Posted by Picasa

No comments: