Monday, April 24, 2006

Changes

My students have gotten me thinking about all the changes that have been happening at my school lately. They have heard that our Activities Coordinator is leaving (Friday is his last day), and they found out last week that they will be changing teachers (not me, their other teacher) tomorrow. Their "old" teacher isn't leaving, she's just going to be teaching another level. They're getting a little freaked out and keep asking me if I'm going to be leaving them. I keep telling them that I'm staying put, but I'm not sure they believe me. I'm not looking for a new job right now, but my job has been posted out because over the summer my school would like me to focus on administration and not on teaching. I haven't actually told my students that yet. They have no clue. Now, if they did hire someone to teach for me, that person could theoretically start teaching as early as next week or the week after. That's a bit scary. I love my students and I can't really envision someone else teaching them. Also, I have a feeling that even though they would still see me every day, they would NOT be happy if I stopped teaching them right now. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a pretty darn good teacher and I'd like to think I've made personal connections with each of my students. But, we'll see what happens. At the rate the resumes are coming in right now, I'll probably end up teaching all summer!

No comments: