Monday, September 04, 2006

Barry Trotter And The Unauthorized Parody

I guess I should have added this to my previous post about the 100 things about me:

102. I like to listen to audiobooks as I fall asleep at night.

Today when I was in Chapters I started browsing through the discounted audio books bin. I've gotten several good audio books from this bin so I was hoping for another good deal. Imagine my surprise when I came across the following by Michael Gerber: "Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody". My interest was immediately captured because I love the Harry Potter books. I own all of them and I've read each of them at least three times. I have a good sense of humour, so I tend to enjoy parodies of things I like. This is how the book is described:

"Stop that movie," Headmaster Alpo Bumblemore said, "or Hogwash is history!" After someone sells directions to the school to a sleazy Muddle tabloid, Barry Trotter, Ermine Gringer, and Lon Measly are hauled out of retirement to face their toughest challenge yet. Not only do the 22-year-olds have to elude packs of rabid fans, outwit Barry's sponging Uncle Serious, and vanquish their old foe Lord Valumart, they have to face the most powerful enemy of all: Hollywood!

Totally bought it and plan to listen to it soon. I'll let you know how I enjoy it when I've finished it. I should warn you though: I listen to these books at bed at night so I tend to fall asleep part way through a chapter and have to rewind back to where I left off the next night. Unless I'm experiencing a bout of insomnia, it usually takes me a few weeks to get through a book, so don't look for a review too soon!

No comments: